To transform the skill landscape of the country, NSDC is reaching out to the leaders of tomorrow, the young and bright minds. In collaboration with Ministry of HRD and state governments, NSDC is integrating education and skill training at school level with a curriculum structured and supported by Sector Skill Councils. The students in 9th to 12th grades get an opportunity to get certified, on-the-job training, guest lectures and technical assistance. The program also facilitates placement opportunities to eligible aspirants, who have successfully completed the entire training module.
- Promotion of co-existence of education and vocational skill training
- Providing a platform for students to experience on the job training & practical know-how
- Bridging the gap between ‘world of studies’ and ‘world of work’
- Encourage students to avail vocational training along with formal education
- Providing a glimpse of the career path a student wants to pursue
- NSDC has tied up with 23 States and 3 Union Territory Governments formally (signed up MoUs), for the facilitation of implementation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Vocationalization of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Now working with as many as 7,340 schools throughout the country to impart skill development among students from class 9th to 12th.
- NSDC, along with its SSCs and approved Training Partners, also facilitates placement opportunities to eligible aspirants, who have successfully completed the entire training module on Job Roles, pegged at NSQF levels. Top recruiters are TATA BSS, Big Bazar, Dominos, Max Hospital, Café Coffee Day, Bajaj Allianz, KFC, Fortis Hospital
- So far, 5 lakh students have benefitted in 19 different sectors including retail, textile, retail, sports, agriculture, healthcare, tourism and beauty and wellness.
NSDC is currently working with the State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Maharashatra, Chhattisgarh, Sikkim, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Telangana, Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, Gujarat, Goa, Meghalaya, Bihar, Chandigarh, Odisha, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli for implementation of the scheme in their states through its approved and funded Sector Skill Councils.